Yes, Austin is known for being a dog-friendly city. It offers a variety of amenities and activities that cater to both residents and their furry companions. Here are some of the furry friend friendly perks in Austin:
- Off-Leash Parks: Austin has several off-leash dog parks where dogs can socialize, exercise, and play. Popular dog parks include Zilker Park, Red Bud Isle, Auditorium Shores, and Norwood Estate Dog Park.
- 45 acres of the 350 acre Zilker park is a designated off leash area for dogs.
- Hiking Trails and Green Spaces: Austin is surrounded by natural beauty, including numerous hiking trails and green spaces that are dog-friendly. Places like Barton Creek Greenbelt, Lady Bird Lake Trail, and Emma Long Metropolitan Park provide opportunities for outdoor adventures with your canine companion.
- Dogs can run free along the Turkey Creek Trail at Emma Long Metropolitan Park
- Pet-Friendly Businesses: Many businesses in Austin, including restaurants, cafes, and shops, are welcoming to dogs. Some establishments have outdoor seating areas where dogs are allowed, and some even offer special dog-friendly amenities such as water bowls or treats.
- See a list of 54 dog-friendly Austin businesses here
- Dog-Friendly Events: Austin hosts various dog-focused events throughout the year. These events include dog festivals, charity walks, costume contests, and adoption drives. It’s a great way for dogs and their owners to socialize and have fun together.
- Take a look at a list of upcoming Austin dog-friendly events
- Pet-Friendly Housing Options: Austin offers a range of pet-friendly housing options, including apartments, condos, and rental homes that welcome pets. Some communities even have specific amenities for pets, such as dog parks or pet washing stations.
- Dog-Friendly Culture: Austin’s overall culture and community are known for being welcoming and inclusive, extending to dogs as well. Many Austinites are proud pet owners and are generally friendly and accommodating toward dogs.
Of course some individual establishments have their own specific rules and restrictions regarding dogs, so it’s always a good idea to check beforehand. Additionally, responsible pet ownership, such as picking up after your dog and following leash laws, is crucial to maintain Austin’s dog-friendly reputation and ensure a positive experience for everyone.
To find a dog friendly lease or a dog-friendly neighborhood to live in with lots of dog parks, walking areas and dog-friendly outing areas, send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and happy to help.